Monday 2 December 2013

Hairsense!

There is a hair revolution amongst ladies of colour in the western world and this revolution gathered momentum to the extent that in the last decade or so, it has spread to Nigeria and I have bought, rather, I am buying into this trend. I have decided to carry my natural hair although I am still undecided about what route to take -big chop vs transition. Mind you, my reason is not related in a bit to some of the central ideas behind the movement like black power e.t.c but rather to the fashion side of it.


For the last month/couple of weeks I have been on my natural hair to the extent that a friend who could care less about my hair had to ask (in pidgin) "when you go do your hair"? Due to his prompt, I decided to think of what hairdo to wear. I wanted something different from the regular extension and braids hence decided to go for Mali braid/ kinky braid after get hairspiration from a youtube video.



So I got my hair on! and ever since I have gotten either a 'wow! I love your hair' or 'what kinda hair is this?' comment. Got a lot, I mean, a loooooooooooottt of love from my church family while I got the latter reaction from my sister. Below are some of my looks. Like it? Like it not??? Lemme know. ;)







4 comments:

N' said...

*screams* Niceeeeeeeeeeeee
i love your mali braids.
i am transitioning too, my reason is because i want my hair to grow uniformly and healthy. hopefully i will do my big chop after 6 months or b4 sef by God's grace.
btw i am coming for tutorial *heehehehe*

Anonymous said...

Thanks dear. You can come any time or day!

Anonymous said...

See my sister going that is about to join the club. I loooovvveeeee the first and last picture. well done!!!

Ruchie said...

Definately love d makeup more than d hair. * tongue out* and u had better post my comment all else.......